Wednesday 31 October 2012

Christine & Richard | Wedding

Christine's friend had seen my post online offering free photography and got in touch asking if I'd come to this Kendal wedding. I was directing in Manchester at the time but I popped back to the lakes to photograph this beautiful day!

I arrived to photograph Christine getting ready around lunchtime, met her beautiful bridesmaids and got the detail & preparation shots.


 Just as I had finished taking photos of Christine getting her make up done, disaster struck. My camera completely died. I didn't panic until I tried my spare battery and nothing. Not a low battery sign, not a light. Nothing. I had no idea what to do - I'd charged the batteries over night and assumed they were find as the green light on my (brand new) charger was on so I guessed it was a problem with the camera. I rushed home (which luckily was only 15mins away) and checked over everything. I had two hours until the ceremony so I knew I could sort something out which is when I realised that the plug in the kitchen wasn't working and my charger turns green no matter what you do so in fact it had drained the batteries instead of charging them.

All I could do is plug them in somewhere else and pray they got enough charge to last the ceremony. It was the most agonising wait!

Thankfully after that everything went smoothly! The ceremony in a church in Kendal was beautiful.


 As we came out of the church the light was the most perfect for the group shots - I hardly had to do any editing at all.




We had a few ours after the official shots so I left everyone to celebrate and went to find another place to plug my camera in for a while before the reception. I love the reception photography when I can just be a fly on the wall and document the special moments. Also balloons + children + dancefloor = hilarity.



So all in all it was a great day apart from the mini heart attack in the morning - I now triple check my battery is charging and carry my charger everywhere!

Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ella! Those are really lovely. I think that's the difference an artist makes. I got some similar pictures, but they lack the special touch you've got in yours.

    So thanks again for saving me from having to do all that!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete